Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Birthday

Hello everyone,

My registration package at Saturday's marathon 'Crop For The Cure' contained a striking piece of origami paper. This card almost made itself and I'm now on the hunt for more paper.

The background paper is Stampin' Up Old Olive. The origami paper, of unknown origin, is layer on Very Vanilla that was heat embossed with Close To My Heart gold embossing powder. The sentiment is Gina K Fanciful Tags. The embellishments are Pebbles Pearl Candy Dots. The butterfly is from Dimensional Stickers.

I wish the photo did justice to this card. It is strikingly beautiful. The origami paper is utterly gorgeous. I can't wait to create more cards and I'm excited about trying to find more similar paper. I had forgotten to bring and metallic papers with me on Saturday so improvised by heat embossing. I think it actually works better because it provided just a little more texture to the card and compliments the texture of the origami paper in a way I had not intended.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment