Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Experiment

Hello everyone,

After yesterday's successful experiment with a single stamp, I've decided to work on a series with one specific printed paper to see what I could craft. In addition to two earlier cards I crafted with this particular paper, I wanted to use up the entire 12 x 12 sheet in one fell swoop.


The background paper is Stampin' Up Elegant Eggplant upon which is layered a piece of Whisper White and Soft Sky that was textured with Cuttlebug's Floral Fantasy dry embossing folder. The printed paper is of unknown origin. The sentiment, Kaisercraft Occasions, stamped on Whisper White and layered on Close To My Heart Hollyhock and Parchment. The embellishments are Crafts. The entire card is highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

Of all the cards in this series which feature this spectacular printed floral paper, this is my least favourite. I figure I tried to incorporate too many different elements and colours in a single card. I would have done much better to repeat layers of Elegant Eggplant and Soft Sky instead of bringing in two additional colours. This rather surprised me given that all the colours appear in the printed paper. Live and learn. I still love the paper and this it's a great card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment