Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hello everyone,

Today's card is for a colleague who has just finished cancer treatment. Apparently the hospital has a bell for patients to ring when their treatment is over. My colleague is too shy to ring the bell so we brought the bell to her.

The background paper is Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry Designer Series Paper. The image, from IClipart.com is coloured with Ranger Adirondack Raisin marker, painted with burgundy Shimmerz and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen. The sentiment is Gina K Block Greetings layered Night of Navy which textured with Creative Expressions Flourish dry embossing folder. The embellishments are Multicrafts Keepsake Memories.

I have to say this is not exactly my favourite card ever. This is the first time I've used a coloured a digital image and it took me four tries before I was satisfied. I obviously need to practise. My colleague's friend, who commissioned this card, is absolutely thrilled. I also know that these colours, with some additional sparkle, is a favourite of my colleague.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment