Sunday, May 22, 2011

Simple Sympathy

Hello everyone,

This card was commissioned by one of my colleagues. She asked for something special for a long-retired colleague whose husband has just passed away. You hate having to craft these types of cards but it helps to know that a handmade card goes a long, long way to expressing a well of sympathy.


The paper is My Mind's Eye Trés Jolie "Baby" (Girl) Floral, Corail Papier and Stampin' Up Dusty Durango, Basic Black and Very Vanilla. The border of the black layer was made with Martha's Stewart's Raindrop corner and border punches. The sentiment is Gina K Fanciful Tags. The embellishments are Pumpkin Oregon Raindrops.

These cards can be difficult to so I decided I wanted to craft a sympathy card that was not as traditional as usual and I think I succeeded. I was inspired by the warmth and design of the Trés Jolie paper. I just kept layering and layering and could have easily kept going. I'm quite pleased with this card and I hope it offers some solace to the recipient.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment