Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spring Two For One

Hello everyone,

I was inspired by my colouring efforts with the bell card that I posted yesterday and I've come to the conclusion that if I'm ever going to be happy with my colouring, I must practise. I bought this Hero Arts stamp a while ago with the idea that it would be a good stamp on which to practise. After many attempts, I had two images with which I was happy so I decided to make two card, exactly the same, except for colour.



The image is Hero Arts Tall Flower. It was stamped on Stampin' Up Whisper White in Early Espresso and clear heat embossed, after which it was coloured with Faber-Castell markers. The image is layered on Bordering Blue and Blush Blossom which was textured with Cuttlebug's Perfectly Paisley. The bottom layer, Stampin' Up Mellow Moss and So Saffron, was stamped with Hero Arts Old Letter Writing in VersaMark. The second layer is BasicGrey Marjolaine and Porcelain. The sentiment is Gina K Labeled With Love. The embellishments are Martha Stewart White Dimensional Mini Pearls.

This was an interesting exercise which only goes to show why I so love cardmaking. Everything is exactly the same except for the colours and the cards couldn't be more different but both turned out lovely. I'm not super excited about my colouring efforts but it is not the worst I've ever done and practise will surely help.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment: