Friday, June 3, 2011

Comfort, Strength, Peace

Hello everyone,

I crafted today's card for my girlfriend whom I wrote about yesterday.


The patterned paper is BasicGrey Urban Prairie layered on Stampin' Up Certainly Celery and Basic Black. The verse is Verve Forever In Our Hearts, stamped on Whisper White in black VersaFine and layered on Baja Breeze which was textured with Crafts-Too Daisy Flourish and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

My girlfriend's background is Polish and while she didn't want a bright and colourful card for her father's card, this piece of BasicGrey had me thinking 'old world European'. I didn't want to craft a completely somber card so, once again, I drew from the BasicGrey for inspiration. I figured a little Clear Star glitter wouldn't be too much. I was also inspired by this particular verse. While her father was in his eighties, death in a house fire was not how she expected him to pass and I hope these thoughtful words will provide some comfort in the tough days she has ahead of her.

Please come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment