Friday, June 24, 2011

Glittering Wish

Hello everyone,

Today's card was crafted from elements of yesterday's card that I either didn't like (the image) or couldn't work into the card (the patterned layer).

The background paper is Stampin' Up Bravo Burgundy. The image is Stampendous Poppy Stems stamped on Very Vanilla, in Soft Suede and clear heat embossed. The flowers were coloured with Tangerine Tango, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight ink using a blender pen. Once dry, they were coloured with Sakura's Clear Star Gelly Roll pen. The image was layered on BasicGrey Lemonde, Old Olive and Very Vanilla. The ribbon is Crafts from the dollar store. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Small Script stamped in Bravo Burgundy on a scrap of Very Vanilla. The embellishments are Pebbles Pearl Candy Dots and Close To My Heart Pearl Opaques.

I do not consider myself all that adept at colouring. When I redid the image with watercolour crayons I was much happier with the result. That said, I didn't was to just toss this image so decided to see what it would look like with my favourite Clear Star ink - I had nothing to lose. All I can say is WOW! The results were amazing (though the photo doesn't do the card justice) and I was utterly inspired to use the image in a card. I love it! This has to be one of my favourite cards that I've crafted in the last while.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment