Saturday, June 4, 2011

Happy 80th

Hello everyone,

Today's card is for the mother of colleague who is turning 80 later this month. She wanted purple, flowers and lots of bling. This is not even close to my usual style but my colleague loved it and now it just has to pass the sisters approval.


The patterned paper is DCWV Pocket Full of Posies layered on Close To My Heart Pansy Purple. The middle layer is Stampin' Up Perfect Plum textured with Cuttlebug's Floral Fantasy dry embossing folder and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen. The sentiment, Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages, is stamped in Nick Bantock Damson Plum on Whisper White and layered on Pansy Purple. The silk flowers are of unknown origin coloured with Martha Stewart Cool Spectrum glitter markers. The brads are of unknown origin, likely Multicrafts Keepsake Memories. The remaining flowers are Kaiser Rhinestones. All flowers are highlighted with Lavender Stickles.
I don't hate this card but it is certainly not a favourite. It was my second attempt at a card for my colleague - the first one (Happy Birthday) was lovely but just not enough - and I was worried that this one may have been over the top. We'll find out. I really focused on purple, flowers and glitter which I don't think I could have added any more. Colouring the flowers was an experiment. I have all these silk flowers that I'm not super crazy about so I decided to try colouring them and was actually quite thrilled with the results.
I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.
Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment