Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sweet Leftovers

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of straightening up my craft area and have quickly come to the conclusion that I've too many leftover bits lying around. My goal for the next week is to crafts cards using only the scraps on hand.

The card base is from Recollections. The dark pink layer is Quickutz Tropical Quickstripz. The horizontal layer is BasicGrey Lemondae layered on Stampin' Up Old Olive. The borders were punched with Martha Stewart's Optical Drop border punch. The middle layer is Very Vanilla stamped with Hero Arts Old Letter Writing layered on Pink Pirouette. The butterfly was created by applying Tombow marker to watercolour paper and spritzing it with water. Once dry, Sookwang double-sided adhesive paper was applied then covered with DecoArt Glamour Dust and burnished. The butterfly was cut with Marianne Creatables butterfly die LR0015. The sentiment is Papertrey Ink Signature Greeting. The glitter is Martha Stewart Kunzite.

I love this card. Absolutely everything is a scrap. The card base is a flub from this card that was crafted for a One Layer Wednesday challenge from last August. I didn't want to throw it out but I didn't know what to do with it so I just got creative. I am determined that I'm going to use up some of the piles of leftover material I've got on hand and if they all turn out this beautifully, I'll be thrilled.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment