Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tragically Sympathetic

Hello everyone,

Today's card breaks with my personal challenge for the week as I had to break into some never before cut BasicGrey paper. The three-year-old nephew of one of colleagues tragically passed away last week and she asked me to make a card. It is never easy making sympathy cards but this was an especially tough card as I've never made this type of card for a child.

The paper is BasicGrey Oliver and Stampin' Up Whisper White. The sentiment is Verve Forever In Our Hearts stamped in Nick Bantock Charcoal Grey. The embellishments are Eyelet Outlet Animal Head Brads. The ribbon is Michael's Special Value

This was a terrible card to have to craft but I hope I've managed to convey the right amount of sympathy for a child. If need be I can always craft something less childlike and more sombre.

Please come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment