Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wedding Wishes

Hello everyone,

Today's card returns to my personal challenge of attempting to use only scrap paper in my cards this week. I needed a card that was the polar opposite of yesterday's card but I'm not sure if I really succeeded.

The background paper is Stampin' Up Night of Navy. The patterned paper is BasicGrey Wisteria. The textured layer is of unknown origin dry embossed with Couture Creations Satine embossing folder and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen. The sentiment is Penny Black Full of Life stamped in Night of Navy ink on Whisper White and layered on textured Rich Razzleberry. The embellishments are Autumn Leaves Adhesive Rhinestones.

I knew sometimes my 'scrap' cards would work and sometimes they wouldn't. I'm not sure about this particular example. It all started when I found this pinkish paper in my scrap bin and I wondered what would happen if I embossed. I was quite pleased, especially once I added the Clear Star ink. I could absolutely picture a wedding card. I'm not sure where the card fell off the rails but as much as I like all the elements, I'm not crazy about the combination.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment