Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Golden Snowflake

Hello everyone,

Today's card, like yesterday's, was intended to be clean and simple but once I got going, I just couldn't seem to hold myself back.

The background paper is Anna Griffin Georgette Christmas Collection. The image is Impression Obsession Damask Snowflake, stamped in Stampin' Up Crumb Cake on Very Vanilla, heat embossed with Close To My Heart gold embossing powder and highlighted with Diamond Stickles. The image was cut with a Spellbinders Nestabilities circle and layered on Recollections foil paper cut with a Spellbinders Nestabilities scallop circle. The sentiment is Gina K Fanciful Tags stamped in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla. The ribbon is Offray.

I'm still using scrap paper to craft these latest Christmas cards and this background paper is one of my favourites. It is breathtakingly beautiful for Christmas cards although it would probably also look fabulous on a wedding card. This is an image I've not used before but I just love how well it heat embossed. I can see myself using it over and over. I'm not certain about the Stickles, I think I could have done better with either pearls, rhinestones or even mini gold dots. Next time.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment