Sunday, July 3, 2011

Reused & Recycled

Hello everyone,

Today's card is all about reusing and recycling. The base card is one that I had made for Remembrance Day but it just didn't work so I've remade it into a Christmas card as per my personal 'Christmas in July' project.

The background layers are Stampin' Up Basic Black and Glorious Green, which was textured with Sizzix Pattern 1. The patterned paper is of uknown origin layered on Real Red and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen. The sentiment was a freebie, is from Stampin' Up in 2001 but I've no idea which set. The embellishments are Autumn Leaves Adhesive Rhinestones.

I think this is a great reincarnation of a card which really just didn't work. It's very simple card that is really about the layers. I'm pleased that I had a big enough piece of the printed paper for this cover up but I'm sure I would have figured something out otherwise.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment