Friday, July 1, 2011

Very Merry Eh!

Happy Canada Day!

Last week's scrap project worked so well that I'm going to keep on going with it. I've added a twist however, as all I'm crafting for the month of July will be Christmas cards. My stash was utterly depleted last year so I need to build it up and I don't want to be scrambling in November. As an added bonus, I've kept this card entirely red and white in honor of Canada's 144th birthday.

The background paper is Stampin' Up Christmas Cocoa specialty paper. The image, Gina K Vintage Borders, is stamped in Real Red on Whisper White and layered on Real Red and Shimmery White,. The image has also been highlighted with Sakura's Clear Star Gelly Roll pen. The bottom layer of ribbon is of unknown origin while the top layer is Offray. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Short & Sweet. The embellishments are Annabelle Stamps pearls.

I love this card. Of course, Christmas cards are one of my very favourites. For having only two colours, it certainly has a lot of depth and interest.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment