Monday, September 12, 2011

Butterfly Birthday

Hello everyone,

I love having time to play with new things. I finally caved and picked up some Twinkling H2O paints. I've been looking at them for almost a year but because I'm not a colourer, nor a painter, I was leary. I've no regrets though, I think these paints will turn me around.


The background is Stampin' Up Soft Suede dry embossed with Sizzix Pattern 1 texture plate. The image is Impression Obsession Embroidered Butterfly, stamped in Soft Suede, heat embossed clear and painted with LuminArte Twinkling H2O paints (kit 1256). The sentiment is Gina K Garden Silhouettes. The embellishments are Martha Stewart white mini pearls.

I love, love, love these butterflies. Who knew I could actually paint like this? The paints were really wonderful to work with. I imagine much like regular watercolour paints but with that little bit of shimmer that isn't done justice by this photo. I had some fun with the layout too. I intended to use this practise/play piece much differently but ended up cutting away the upper right portion of paper.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment