Friday, September 23, 2011

More Wedding Bliss

Hello everyone,

Today's card is for a colleague who is getting married next month. I've crafted many cards on her behalf including this thank you card which she gave to a friend who made her wedding jewelry.


The background paper is BasicGrey Marrakech layered on Stampin' Up Old Olive. The Inkadinkado sentiment was stamped on watercolour paper in Night of Navy and clear heat embossed after which the paper was painted with LuminArte Ginger Peach Twinkling H2Os. The navy layer is also watercolour paper painted with LuminArte True Blue, Rich Cobalt and China Black Twinkling H2Os. It is layer on Early Espresso. The entire card was highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen. The embellishments are TPC Studio Wedding Silhouette mini jewels.

I love this card. Orange and navy are certainly not traditional wedding colours but do they ever work lovely together. I love the slight shimmer of the Twinkling H2O paints as they add great richness to the card. I wasn't sure about the BasicGrey paper but I felt it had enough of a fall feel to work. In addition to the specific colours, this card had to have bling and glitter. Thank goodness for my favourite Clear Star pen.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment: