Thursday, September 1, 2011

On The Diagonal

Hello everyone,

I have the ninth card in the sailboat paper series for you today. I've had this card mulling around in my mind for a while.


The background paper is Stampin' Up Bashful Blue. The patterned paper is Echo Park Paper Company Little Boy. The horizontal strips are Stampin' Up Real Red, Night of Navy, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango and Wild Wasabi. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Four Square.

As I've said before there is something about sailboat and stripes that just work. I also think that applies to triangles and diagonals. I figure it is the sails. I really like this card. The execution was so much more difficult than I thought. It was a challenge to get everything even and it's still not perfect but I can live with it. I didn't add any embellishments or extras because I wanted the diagonal strips to say it all.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Great card! You did an awesome job with the stripes - very cool idea. I might have to case that!

    ReplyDelete