Friday, September 16, 2011

Wedding Rose

Hello everyone,

I love making cards! I especially love making cards when they turn out as beautifully as today's. A colleague requested a special wedding card and the only direction she first gave me was that it was an older couple, getting married on a boat and dark forest green. I started working on it last night, but it was a disaster. Today I asked my colleague for a few more details about the couple and their wedding and I'm glad I did because this card practically made itself.


The background paper is atd Story of Us. The image, Stampin' Up Both Way Blossoms, is stamped in Soft Suede, on Very Vanilla and heat embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl. It is coloured with LuminArte sage and chiffon pink Twinkling H2Os. The sentiment is Penny Black Full of Life. The image and sentiment are layered on shimmery gold of unknown origin and Always Artichoke. The embellishments are Close To My Heart Pearl Opaques.

I think this is one of the most beautiful cards I've made in a long time. I love the colours, the image, the sentiment, the layout - I could go on and on. I'm pretty confident that my colleague, and hopefully the bride and groom as well, will love this card as much as I do.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment