Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Retirement

Hello everyone,

Today's card is for the same friend for whom I made the one sheet wonder cards that I've been posting for the last number of days. One of her son's daycare workers is retiring and my friend wanted a special retirement card.


The paper is Stampin' Up Tall Tales, Rose Red and Old Olive. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Congrats stamped in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White and layered on Rose Red. The embellishments are The Paper Company Flower & Frills Jewels.

My friend wanted a card that was fun and somewhat playful without being overly kiddie. I had a number of ideas floating around in my mind but once I saw these balloons, I just had to use it. I tried to make it less kid-like by keeping the layout simple and adding more sophisticated brads.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment