Saturday, December 10, 2011

Mother's Birthday

Hello everyone,

I've a super story to go with today's card. This past Sunday, I was driving home two of the boys (one is 16 the other 14) with whom my daughter curls. They were talking about their mother's upcoming birthday and what they needed to do, including getting her a card. I offered to make them a card. I asked when her birthday was, they were not sure. I asked what her favourite colour was, they also were not sure but thought it may be blue. They did want something that would make her cry, you know, the happy tears. I told them not to worry, I'd come up with something that would work. They offered to pay me, but weren't sure about a price. I told them it would be my pleasure to make their mom's card. They then started to talk about different kinds of cards that would make nice gifts. You know, when you put together a birthday card, a get well card, a thank you card. An assortment, I offered. Yeah! Given Christmas is coming, I'm wondering if they'll muster the courage to ask for a set of cards. It should be fun! These boys are really super guys and I consider their mom a friend. I think she'll be pleased.


The background paper is Close To My Heart Magnifique layered on Pacifica and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Perfectly Penned stamped in Early Espresso on Whisper White and layered on more Pacifica. The embellishments are Close To My Heart Blue Sparkles.

I just love this card. A big part of it is the story that goes with it. I've also been saving this particular peacock paper for a really special card and this certainly fits that bill. I think the boys will feel comfortable giving their mom this card and I know that she'll love receiving it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

PS - the boys thought it was quite something that I'm a blogger and post a card virtually every day. I felt I passed a test.

No comments:

Post a Comment