Saturday, March 24, 2012

Beautiful Birthday Butterfly

Hello everyone,

Today I'm posting the birthday card for one of my best friends. She loves all things bright and glittery.


The image is Peel-Offs Large Gold Butterfly applied to watercolour paper that was coloured with Tombow markers, spritzed with water and glittered with Glitter Ritz Microfine Glitter. The image was affixed to a piece of Stampin' Up Shimmery White that was textured with Crafts Concepts Wings embossing folder and painted with a variety of LuminArte Twinkling H2Os. The remaining layers are Melon Mambo and DCWV Pocket Full of Posies. The sentiment is Sweet 'n Sassy Birthday Greetings.

I found this beautiful butterfly when I was working on yesterday's card. It was tucked in with a pile of glittered leftover pieces. I'm absolutely in love with this card. It is not necessarily in a colour palette that I gravitate towards but it is so wonderfully colourful and sparkly that I just can't help myself.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gisele
    I think you've got a terrific blog and I've enjoyed coming here. Literally every day! I have the honour of presenting you with the Liebster blog award!! You can pick it up on my blog at www.StampWithCynthia.blogspot.com.
    Have a wonderful weekend and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright colors! Love the sparkle to the card. I've never seen a peel off so big, why the possibilities with that!

    ReplyDelete