Saturday, March 31, 2012

Christmas Comes Early

Hello everyone,

I'm working on some Christmas cards for the next few days. The ladies in my Mom's church group have had a challenging time finding some spiritual Christmas cards. I offered to craft a few samples to help them out. If the ladies like them, I'll craft some for them this fall.


The background paper is Martha Stewart Snowflace Mat Pad and Stampin' Up brushed gold. The image is Verve O Christmas Tree stamped in StazOn Platinum Metallic on Whisper White and layered on Recollections red and brushed gold. The sentiment is Papertrey Ink Signature Christmas stamped in Real Red on Whisper White. The ribbon is Michael's Basic. The embellishments are Martha Stewart Pastel Mini Pearls.

This is a really different type of Christmas card. It has a rather retro feel which I think is because of the Martha Stewart paper. I really wasn't sure about so I used a layout that I favour. I do like how it all came together. I really like that while it doesn't have the traditional Christmas images, it does have a very traditional sentiment. I think it works and I hope the Church ladies like it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment