Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Raving Red

Hello everyone,

This card is an attempt to boost my lagging mojo! I used exactly the same layout and some of the same elements in an entirely different colour to craft today's card. I figure that if I'm still uninspired tomorrow, I'll craft yet another in a different colour.


The background paper is Close To My Heart Roxie and Smoothie. The image is Close To My Heart Card Word Puzzle stamped in Stampin' Up Ruby Red on Very Vanilla and layered on Desert Sand. The sentiment is Verve Amazing Wishes. The embellishments are Queen & Co Chocolate Delight Rox. The focal element is outlined with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

I find it quite amazing that crafting two virtually exactly the same cards and changing only the colours makes such two different cards. You could really describe these cards as studies in Close To My Heart papers. I love these papers and find them wonderful to work with. There is a great variety and I really am inclined to repeat these cards with more of my stash of Close To My Heart paper.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love how you echoed the flower from the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to flip back and forth between your red and blue cards to make sure you weren't fibbing. They are so different looking that I wasn't buying they are the same layout, but they are indeed. I love them both. At first I wondered if you stamped the flower onto the patterned paper as well but it is the paper itself. So cool that the flower is so similar.

    ReplyDelete