Friday, April 20, 2012

Birthday Boy

Hello everyone,
Google has made some changes to Blogger so I apologize in advance for any issues.

Today's card is a gift series for my father's homecare worker.  As my parents have sold their home and they're moving to a new city, my dad's homecare worker will change.  My mom asked me to make a set of six birthday cards for her.


The printed paper is DCWV Nana's Kids layered on Stampin' Up Lucky Limeade and Brocade Blue.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Small Greetings stamped in Brocade Blue on Whisper White and layered on a scrap of orange Textured DCWV.  The image and embellishments are EK Success Dragon's Stickers.

Obviously this is birthday card is intended for a little boy.  There is a little guy that has taken quite a piece of the homecare worker's heart so Mom asked for a specific little boy card.  I specifically choose these dragons because they have some shine which I know will be appealing.  Notwithstanding the shiny dragon, fire and smoke, I find this card a little on the plain side.  I'm not certain where I went off course and how to improve it - must be the Friday night fatigue.  In the light of day, I may be inspired.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment