Saturday, April 28, 2012

Coral Creation

Hello everyone,

I'm posting the sixth and final card in the series I've been crafting for my father's home care worker.   It also hail from the scrap bin and uses colours I would never have conceived if they hadn't worked so well on this tiny leftover.


The background layer is Stampin' Up Calypso Coral, textured with Cuttlebug Everyday Greetings then painted with LuminArte Dreamsicle Twinkling H2Os and layered on gold of unknown origin.  The printed paper is origami paper of unknown origin layered on dark green Recollections.  The sentiment is Gina K Pleasant Plurals stamped in Garden Green ink on Very Vanilla.  The embellishments are Mark Richards Gold Metallics.

If this particular scrap hadn't been so lovely, there is no way I would have put these colours together.  I selected this particular embossing folder because its flowers were reminiscent of the flowers in the paper.  I really love coordinating elements in that manner because I think it really helps bring all the different pieces together.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment