Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Birthday Boat

Hello everyone,

Next to September and October, May and June have the most birthdays in my families.  Today's card is for my father-in-law.


The printed paper is BasicGrey Olivier layered on Stampin' Up Old Olive.  The image is Gina K Follow Your Dreams stamped in Timber Brown StazOn on Very Vanilla, coloured with Rebhan watercolour paints and layered on Night of Navy.  The sentiment is Gina K Pleasant Plurals also stamped in Timber Brown on Very Vanilla and layered on Night of Navy.  The embellishments are of unknown origin but likely Multicrafts.

I really like this card.  I've been itching to use this image but, as usual, shied away from it because I'd have to colour it.  The watercolour paints I used are around thirty years old and worked beautifully.  I'm glad I kept them.  This card is really pretty simple but I wanted the focus to really be on the boat.  My in-laws live in Prince Edward Island so this boat is a nod to the Island.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Kind of funny how birthdays can kind of "bunch up!" February is a busy month for me:) Love the card for your father-in-law and I'm sure he'll love it, too! Very special.

    ReplyDelete