Tuesday, May 1, 2012

You're Invited

Hello everyone,

The son of one of my best friends is getting married and she asked me for some design help in crafting the 'tea party' bridal shower invitation.  This is the final result.


The papers are Stampin' Up So Saffron, Pacific Point and Night of Navy.  The Night of Navy layer was stamped with Hello Doily in VersaMark.  The image is Love and Laughter stamped in Night of Navy.  The sentiment is Sincere Salutations also stamped in Night of Navy.  Both the image and sentiment were highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The circles were cut with a Spellbinders Splendid Circles die.  The embellishments are of unknown origin.

The colours are drawn from the wedding and when I first saw them I had no idea how I was going to use them.  I was OK once I started thinking French country and 'tea party'  The Splendid Circles really let themselves to this theme.  One hint, when using these types of intricate dies, sandwich a piece of wax paper between the die and the paper, it really, really makes all the difference in easily getting the paper out of the die.  I wish I had known this before I started cutting the pieces because there were quite a few that ended up in the recycle bin.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Love this card, Gisele! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete