Saturday, June 30, 2012

Birthday Wishes XV & XVI

Hello everyone,

These cards, numbers fifteen and sixteen, are the last two cards in this particular one sheet wonder series.  I always find it amazing just how many cards you can craft from one sheet of patterned paper.  Talk about value.

The card bases are Recollections. The printed paper is Scenic Route Sonomoa Melody Lane. The solid papers are Stampin' Up Ruby Red and Lucky Limeade and Close To My Heart Colonial White.


The sentiment is Stampin' Up Curly Cute.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.  The embellishments are Stampin' Up Basic Pearl Jewels.


The sentiment is from Magenta.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Bitty Sparkles.

I've particularly enjoyed this series.  I love this paper.  While I kept the coordinating solid papers to a minimum (red and green), there are any number of other colours that I could have used, coral and yellow come to mind.  I took the opportunity to use up some scraps of Ruby Red, Lucky Limeade and Colonial White because that is, to my mind, part of the fun of one sheet wonders.   I also tried to keep to the same embellishments.  I'm not crazy about the Stampin' Up Pearls and Rhinestones so I really wanted to work on using up these products.  I made a good dent in the pearls.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment