Friday, June 22, 2012

Fanciful 50

Hello everyone,

Today's card is the one my family will give to a friend for her 50th.  It is the same friend who will be receiving yesterday's Pretty At 50 card.


The printed paper is BasicGrey Wisteria layered on Recollections that was stamped with Technique Tuesday Fanfare in Stampin' Up River Rock.  The butterfly is a Spellbinders Wonderful Wings die cut from a scrap of Recollections paper that was glittered with Crystal Glitter Ritz Cool Highlight Transparent Microfine Glitter.  The sentiment is Stamp Barn stamped in River Rock on Very Vanilla.  The embellishments are Stampin' Up Basic Pearl Jewels.

I love purple and green together and this fantastic BasicGrey is the perfect starting point for these colours.  It took me many attempts to find the right colour ink to use on this purple.  I was expecting much when I first inked up the stamp but was pleasantly surprised when it worked better than anything else I had tried.  Just shows you need to keep an open mind!  I'm thrilled with the butterfly.  I find Recollections paper is not necessarily all that great but with some glitter, it's awesome!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment