Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Special Birthday Wishes III

Hello everyone,

Today's card is the third in this 40th birthday card series for a colleague's sister.


The printed paper is My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline, layered on Stampin' Up Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz.  The sentiment is Penny Black Special Time stamped in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla and layered on more Pear Pizzazz.  The ribbon is Michael's Special Value.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Mocha Opaques.

This card is intended to have a more vintage style due to the lacy images on the printed paper.  I just can't handle distressing cards hence the streamlined layout.  It still works really well thanks to the ribbon, the pearls and the flourished sentiment.  I like it!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle 

1 comment:

  1. It is very soft and delicate. When I ink distress I tend to get heavy handed. I think that would have ruined this card. I don't know that shredding the edges (that kind of distressing) would have worked for it either. You did perfect.

    ReplyDelete