Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wings, Flourishes and Sparkle

Hello everyone,

Today's card uses an element that I worked on for yesterday's card but just couldn't get it to work.  That wasn't an issue today.


The background layer is Close To My Heart Sweet Leaf, textured with a Darice Corner Scroll embossing folder, coloured with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen and layered on Juniper.  The printed paper is Close To My Heart Wings also layered on Juniper.  The sentiment is Lizzie Anne Say It In Script stamped in Stampin' Up Baja Breezed on Very Vanilla.  The images are Stampin' Up Thanks For Caring stamped in Crumb Cake and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The ribbon is Michael's Special Value.  The embellishments are TPC Studio Timeless Christmas Jewels.

This card just works!  I love this printed paper and I cut up a full 12 X 12 sheet just to get that butterfly in the bottom right corner.  I didn't stress about it because I'm confident that I will use even the smallest scrap.  I had to cut the background piece just a titch from yesterday because it really needed the Juniper layer to stand out.  I wish I had the coordinating Close To My Heart ink but I've no more room in my ink drawer for anything new. 

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment