Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Words A Plenty

Hello everyone,

As I was so happy with yesterday's card, I decided to play with another of my 'word' background stamps to see what I could come up with.


The printed paper is NRN Designs Glorious Garden layered on a shimmery pink of unknown origin.  The background image is Hero Arts Old Letter Writing stamped in Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette on a Recollections card base.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Warmest Regards stamped in Mellow Moss on Whisper White and layered on Mellow Moss.  The embellishments are Doodlebug Boy Assortment mini pearls.

This is another favourite patterned paper.  It has wonderful pinks and greens and the watercolour effect is one I find very appealing.  I don't know where I got it, I think it may have been at this year's Neeje Crop garage sale, and there is but one sheet in my stash.  As you can imagine, I'm using it sparingly so it will last, even though it would have made an awesome one sheet wonder series. 

As I was uploading yesterday's card in my Splitcoast gallery, I noticed that each of my last four cards carries over a similar element.  Either papers or images are repeated from one card to the next.  I know this is because of all the scrap bits I've got laying around my desk, but I found these connections interesting as each of the cards is actually quite different from the previous card.  As I've currently got no commissioned cards on my plate, I thought it would be a fun exercise to see how long I can continue connecting one card to another through one (or more) elements.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. I love it when one card flows into the next, whether you realize it or not. I love this card, it is very serene.

    ReplyDelete