Saturday, July 28, 2012

Christmas In July Times Two

Hello everyone,

I know you're all shocked but I was so exhausted last night I couldn't get up the energy to blog last night.  By way of apology, I've two Christmas cards for you today.


The paper is all from Close To My Heart, Mistletoe, Cranberry, New England Ivy and Colonial White.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Holiday Sayings stamped in Nick Bantock Vermillion Lacquer.  The embellishments are Making Memories Mistletoe brads.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Real Red.  The gold is also of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Holiday Sayings stamped in Nick Bantock Vermillion Lacquer on Very Vanilla.  The embellishments are TPC Studio Wedding Silhouettes.

I thought I may be getting tired of Christmas cards by this point but I'm not.  I love going through all the bits of Christmas scrap paper and just seeing what happens.  It's is rare that I don't like the results.  The sentiment on the second card was originally intended for the first card but it was too large.  I wanted to affix it to the card with one of the brads so it had a hole in the top left corner that I needed to hide.  I thought the diagonal gold strips were a brilliant cover-up.  Needless to say, I'm very, very happy with both of these cards.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. These are really nice cards. Looking forward to seeing more creations. Christmas is about 150 days away. Can you believe it. Where has the time gone. I best get started on my cards. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete