Thursday, July 26, 2012

Even More Christmas In July

Hello everyone,

I just had a moment of panic wondering how I would title next year's Christmas In July...I've twelve months to come up with something inspiring.  Today is yet another card for my sister's Christmas dozen.  It is a 'scrap' card.


All the printed paper and solid papers are Little Yellow Bicycle (LYB) 25 Days of Christmas.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Very Merry Christmas stamped in Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler on Whisper White.  The embellishments are Crystal Stickers Gold Pearls.

A 'scrap' card uses only bits of printed paper from my scrap bin.  I keep smaller printed paper scraps in envelops, clearly labelled and sorted by brand.  Larger scraps are kept together with paperclips in 12X12 plastic sleeves.  This way, I can keep track of what I'm using when I craft a card, making blogging so much easier.  I use every little bit of this LYB paper because I love it so much!  It is a very, very smooth cardstock with just a little bit of sheen that is just wonderful to work with.  There is something so decadent about using a lot of embellishments on a card.  I actually thought about adding these dull pearls all the way down each side of the printed strip but I stopped myself at odd numbered groupings.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment