Sunday, September 9, 2012

Birthday Blitz IV

Hello everyone,

The next four cards are family cards.  My sister-in-law, husband, mother-in-law and sister all celebrate birthdays over the last week of September and the first week of October.


The printed paper is BasicGrey Kioshi, highlighted with Star Dust Stickles and layered on Stampin' Up Pale Plum and Perfect Plum.  The Perfect Plum layer was textured with Darice Corner Scallop embossing folder and highlighted with English Lavender LuminArte Twinkling H2Os.  The sentiment in Inkadinkado Calligraphy Celebration stamped in Perfect Plum on Whisper White.  The embellishments are Stampin' Up Basic Rhinestone Jewels.

I love using this piece of BasicGrey paper because there are so many different colours you can use with it.  I particularly like using the Stampin' Up Plums!  I don't use this stamp all that often.  Not only is it's size is intimidating but I find it hard to balance it.  I just discovered that many times when I have problems with particular stamps (offset sentiments, Christmas trees and circles) it is probably because it can be hard to balance them.  I've attempted to use the jewels to create a more balance focal point.  After all these years, I've only just figured it out.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment