Sunday, September 23, 2012

Mother-In-Law Special

Hello everyone,

Today I'm posting another birthday card for my mother-in-law.  It was commissioned by my sister-in-law and was quickly crafted yesterday afternoon with a bunch of leftover pieces from the scrap bin.


The printed paper is K&Company Que Sera Sera In Bloom, layered on Stampin' Up Island Indigo and Daffodil Delight.  The top Island Indigo layered was textured with Crafts Too Daisy Flourish embossing folder and highlighted with LuminArte Caribbean Mist Twinkling H2Os.  The sentiment is Stampendous Special Messages stamped in Taken With Teal ink on Very Vanilla and layered in more Island Indigo.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Blue Sparkles.

This is a really bright and cheerful card.  When I first saw Daffodil Delight I wondered what on earth I'd do with such a strong yellow as it's nowhere close to anywhere in my comfort zone.  It works rather well with this printed paper and I think it's somewhat tempered with the Island Indigo.  My sister-in-law loved the card and I'm confident my mother-in-law will as well.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment