Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Peace, Joy, Love

Hello everyone,

Today is the last card I crafted at the crop last week.  It was another easy card taking advantage of some fantastic Christmas paper.


The printed paper is My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland layered on two shades of blue Bazzill Basics.  The sentiment is Verve Bright Spirits stamped in Nick Bantock Charcoal Grey.  The embellishments are Pebbles Baby Blue Pearl Candy Dots.

I think this is a great card.  Paper intended for scrapbooking isn't always easy to use on cards.  When its a large scale design, it's virtually impossible to use but when it's on a 6X6 sheet, you can cut it carefully and incorporate it into the layout.  I was inspired to have the sentiment come out of the chimney smoke.  I think it's one of the first times I've ever managed to stamp the sentiment directly onto printed paper and it actually works.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gis


No comments:

Post a Comment