Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Watercoloured Heron

Hello everyone,

Today's card was commissioned by a colleague who asked for a natured-inspired birthday card for her husband.  It's been a long time since I've attempted this watercolour technique.


The printed paper is Little Yellow Bicycle Nita Bella Blue Harlequin.  The image is Gina K Follow Your dreams, heat embossed with Close To My Heart Cocoa embossing powder.  The watercolour paper is painted with Rebhan paints.  This image is layered on Stampin' Up Whisper White and the flip side of the Blue Harlequin paper.  The sentiment is Stampabilities Happy Birthday 01, stamped in Nick Bantock Charcoal Grey on Whisper White.  The embellishments are of unknown origin.

It took me a couple of tries to get this image to work but I'm extremely pleased with the results.  It actually turned out better than I expected.  My colleague was extremely happy and I hope her husband loves it as well.  I can't wait to try it on another card. 

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment