Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fancy Floral IV

Hello everyone,

I've card number four in this latest one sheet wonder series.  I'm using it as a sample for a one sheet wonder class I'm giving at a charity crop in a couple of weeks.


The printed paper is My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline "Cute" Garden layered on Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy and Calypso Coral.  The images are Stampin' Up Sweet Summer stamped in Close To My Heart Desert Sand and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Friends Are Treasures also stamped in Desert Sand on Whisper White.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Bitty Sparkles.

I can't recall if I saw a similar card somewhere but I just felt the need to have this summer garden stamped coming out of this paper.  I think it works really well.  The hardest part was trying to find a ink colour that actually worked with this paper.  It's not a perfect match but it is neutral enough that it works just fine.  I'm thrilled with the results.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Great idea stamping the background out from the cardstock layers! I think you got the ink color just right. I am really enjoying this card series!

    ReplyDelete