Thursday, February 14, 2013

Fancy Floral V

Hello everyone,

You think I would have learned by now about using roman numerals.  Today's post is card number five.


The printed paper is My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline "Cute" Garden layered on Stampin' Up Early Espresso and Ruby Red.  The image is Annabelle Stamps Square Posies stamped in Early Espresso on Whisper White, clear heat embossed and layered on Early Espresso.  The image is painted with LuminArte Lemongrass, Rose Gold and Chiffon Pink Twinkling H2Os.  The sentiment is Penny Black Thanks, Thanks stamped in Early Espresso on Whisper White and layered on more Early Espresso.  The embellishments are from the dollar store and re-done with Ruby Red paper and Annabelle Stamps pearls.

I was in the  mood for some painting and I'm so glad I was.  I don't find painting or colouring easy and am usually less than thrilled with the results but this flower turned out wonderfully.  I used this particular image because it mimicked the peach tulip in the printed paper.  It's not exactly in the same 'style' as the flowers on the printed paper but it still works really well.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Love how the Early Espresso really makes the colors pop! The tulip image is lovely. Another great card!

    ReplyDelete