Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Coppered Wishes

Hello everyone,

One of my girlfriends has a big birthday coming up and I wanted to craft her a very special card.


The printed paper is Prima Reflections Kashana layered on Stampin' Up River Rock and Soft Suede.  The focal element is a copper sheet textured with Craft Concepts Dandelion Whisper embossing folder.  The copper was then smooshed with Red Pepper, Espresso, Ginger, Oregano and Gold Mixative Ranger Alcohol ink.  The sentiment is Verve Amazing Wishes stamped in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla.  The embellishments are from Multicrafts.

My girlfriend likes antiqued tin decorative pieces.  Using the copper sheet and the metal flowers were pretty much a no brainer for her card.  I also kept the rest of the card very natural as it speaks so well to the copper.  The copper and alcohol inks is one of my favourite techniques.  It never comes out the same way twice. 

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment