Monday, May 20, 2013

Pleasant Plaid

Hello everyone,

Today's card is for a Grandfather.  Not mine, they're no longer with us.  It was the plaid paper that got me inspired.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Close To Cocoa.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Loved Ones stamped in Nick Bantock Van Dyke Brown on Whisper White and layered on more Close To Cocoa.  The tie and pockets (yes, that's what they are) are Almost Amethyst  stamped with Gina K Timeless Treasures in Nick Bantock Charcoal Grey.  The embellishments are Peel-Off's outline stickers.

This is so not my normal type of card.  I don't ever, ever do this type of design.  I was utterly inspired by the plaid paper which reminded me of a man's shirt.  That got me looking at these sentiments, which I love but have not really played with as yet.  I needed to fill up some space on the card so I thought I'd try to replicate the tie.  I had to add pockets because it just looked weird with only the tie.  I'm not sure adding the pockets was much help as I now just see a face with a really long nose.  I don't know if this one is going to make it into my stash...

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see the face until you pointed it out, but then it faded away. I totally see it as a plaid man's shirt and just the something a grandpa would wear! Awesome card. I hope it makes it into your stash. You'll see, someone will think it is the perfect card!

    ReplyDelete