Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Popping Neutral

Hello everyone,

This card is so soft and traditional, you just have to love it!


The printed paper is Webster's Pages "Twinkle" layered on Stampin' Up textured River Rock.  The image is Magenta colours with Tombow 856 and 098 markers, stamped on Very Vanilla and layered on Gina K Red Hot and more River Rock.  The sentiment is Annabelle Stamps Ornamental Christmas stamped in Old Olive.  The ribbon is Craft Narrows Ribbon Bowtique.  The embellishments are Queen & Co Pearls.

I think this is one of most beautiful cards I've done is this 'Christmas In July' series.  Once I started with the neutrals, it seemed to make sense to use a pop of red.  It worked better than I imagined.  I love the Gina K paper.  It is scrap from a kit that I bought years ago.  It is thick and wonderful to use.  I would order more, in all hues, but the shipping costs for paper are a little too high for comfort.  Gina K also has a series of inks that I'd love to play with but again, justification for purchasing more ink pads is hard to come by.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment