Thursday, September 26, 2013

Busy Birthday

Hello everyone,

This is the time of year when almost half my family has birthdays.  The is my sister-in-laws card.


The printed paper is BasicGrey Euphoria layered on Stampin' Up Melon Mambo and Certainly Celery.  The vertical elements are Offray ribbon (I think) and a piece of Melon Mambo punched with an EK Success border punch (don't remember which one).  The sentiment is Sweet & Sassy Script Birthdays stamped in Melon Mambo on Whisper White, layered on Certainly Celery and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The embellishments are Dollarama Glittering Stickers and Recollections Rhinestones.

For some reason, when I was recording the elements I used in this card I forgot a few. Once, I'm back home, I'll edit this post.  This is not my favourite card.  There are too many elements and though I used a tried and true layout, it is just too much of too much.  I think I should have foregone the ribbon and pink embellishments.  It's done and gone now though so I'll try to remember for next time.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. I like it even though you think it is too busy. The background paper seems very active and celebratory, so having a lot of elements in it works because they are anchored on the ribbon and punched out piece.

    ReplyDelete