Thursday, October 24, 2013

Special At Sixty

Hello everyone,

The mother of one of my colleagues is turning 60 and she commissioned a very unique birthday card.


The printed paper is DCWV Pet's Stack layered on DCWV Glitter Cardstock and Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise and Cameo Coral.  The Tempting Turquoise layer was textured with Darice Paw Print Background embossing folder and highlighted with Tattered Angels Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart For Every Occasion stamped in Cameo Coral on Very Vanilla and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.

My colleague's mother has a dog which she is utterly besotted with, thus the paw print theme.  You'd think I'd have reached the point where nothing would now surprise me when someone commissions a card.  I never thought I'd craft a doggy card to celebrate a 60th birthday.  This is a cute card and I really played up the sparkle because at sixty, a dog lover should have some sparkle.  My colleague loves the card and I'm confident her mother will as well.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment