Sunday, November 17, 2013

Doubly Creative

Hello everyone,

It's not often I miss a post, now I've missed two in as many weeks.  Yesterday was a beautiful, beautiful day and I managed to get a ton of outdoor work done.  By the time dinner was over, I had nothing left in the tank with which to craft a card, let alone post.  I think the break was good because I crafted two great cards for you today.  These are the last two cards for my sister and brother-in-law's niece and nephew cards.


The printed paper is Stampin' Up Beyond The Garden designer series paper.  The vertical element is Whisper White, textured with Cuttlebug Leafy Branch embossing folder layered on Melon Mambo.  The flowers are BossKut Design-A-Flower Star Burst Flowers die cut from Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, and Whisper White.  The flowers are highlighted with Fruit Punch Stickles.  The leaves are Sizzix Little Leaves die cut from Wild Wasabi.  The sentiment is Gina K Tag Lines stamped in Melon Mambo on Whisper White and layered on more Melon Mambo. 


The printed paper is BoBunny Detour Dots layered on Stampin' Up Bravo Burgundy.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Delightful Dozen stamped in Bravo Burgundy on Whisper White and layered on Basic Grey and more Bravo Burgundy.  The embellishments are from Fabricland.

I love both of these cards!  It's been a long time since I played with die cut petals and I think these flower turned out particularly well.  They add a lot of interest to this card without any bulk at all.  Perfect for mailing.  I love the printed paper on the second card.  All the signs are really cool.  It totally inspired all the rounded edges.  The angled sentiment was a complete accident that just works.  I didn't stamp in the optimum spot on the paper scrap to punch it out properly.  Having the sentiment angled, against the rows of signs really makes it pop.  I love happy accidents.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment