Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ornament Sparkle

Hello everyone,

Today's card, for one of my siblings, was inspired by a Pinterest card.


The printed paper is Stampin' Up Winter Frost layered on Pool Party.  The ornaments were punched from a scrap of white paper that had been inked with ColorBox silver and white ink and Stampin' Up Pool Party and Baja Breeze ink.  The inked paper was covered with Crystal Glitter Ritz cool highlight microfine glitter.  The snowflakes are DCWV Glitter cardstock and Recollections foil. The sentiment is Verve Bright Spirits stamped in Pool Party on Whisper White and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.  The embellishments are Crafts Rhinestones.

I'm not as pleased with this card as I had hoped.  I think I should have used stronger colours of ink as they really washed out once I added the glitter.  I love the snowflakes because they add just that little extra depth that was much needed for the ornaments to pop.  I'm not going to give up on the technique as I know there is a way to get the results I'm looking for.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment