Sunday, November 24, 2013

Striking Star Burst

Hello everyone,

Today is my mother's birthday.  An avid quilter, I thought she'd really like this star burst card.
 

The printed paper is Stampin' Up Raspberry Tart layered on Pretty In Pink, Recollections white, and more Raspberry Tart.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Joyful Birthday stamped in Wild Wasabi on Whisper White.  The ribbon is Stampin' Up Melon Mambo grosgrain.  The pearls are of unknown origin.

This is another wonderful card.  The colours are really striking and the different patterns work so beautifully together - thank you Stampin' Up!  I first came across one of these cards on Pinterest (yea!) but couldn't find the instructions on Splitcoast (ugh!) where the image was pinned from.  A simple Google search lead to a UTube video that was super easy to follow.  I can't wait to try this technique on other cards.

Happy Birthday Mom!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment