Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thinking Retro

Hello everyone,

Today's card is another in the series for my sister's nieces and nephew.


The printed papers are BasicGrey Porcelain layered on Stampin' Up Ruby Red.  The image is Gina K Mehndi Wishes stamped in StazOn Timber Brown on Very Vanilla and layered on Ruby Red.  The sentiment is Gina K Block Greeting also stamped in StazOn Timber Brown on Very Vanilla and layered on Ruby Red.  Both the image and sentiment are layered on Chocolate Chip which was textured with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The entire card was highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

I have been dying to use this image since I got the set eons ago.  I'm not sure how well it goes with the background paper but I so love the colours I couldn't help myself.  Perhaps the offset Chocolate Chip element doesn't exactly work the best with the zig zag either but I needed some backing for the image and sentiment.  It was another tough card to put together.  I really wish my mojo would resurface again soon.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment