Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Spectacular Stocking Blues

Hello everyone,

Today's card uses the non-traditional colours that I love so much for a Christmas card.


The printed paper is My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland layered on a shimmery metallic blue of unknown origin.  The horizontal element is a shimmery white, also of unknown origin, punched from Martha Stewart's Infinite Loops punch.  The sentiment is Cornish Heritage Farms Vintage Christmas Expressions stamped in Nick Bantock Cerulean Azure on Whisper White.  The stockings are Recollections stickers.

I love this card.  I never thought I'd be able to find the perfect colours to coordinate with these stockings.  I think the key is not to try too hard to be matchy, matchy.  It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to look good together.  Of course, it helps that my stash of blue is obscene.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment